Crowdsourcing your reputation may, at first, seem like a daunting proposition. Despite our best intentions, the internet can be a scary place—and our professional contacts aren’t always as “professional” as we might like. Nevertheless, we are committed to providing a community in which our members have the freedom to give and receive feedback with the confidence that they will be treated with respect. BULLIT has created a set of tools to enable our users to trust that they are always in control of their professional persona online.
How do the Anti-abuse Tools work?
From the moment you login to BULLIT system, we employ a network of multi-layer tools to ensure that mean-spirited, bullying or vulgar comments do not appear on our user’s profiles.
- Login Requirements: We want to be sure that each user is who they say they are. This keeps people from creating fake, anonymous accounts explicitly designed to hurt or bully another user.
- Login: We require any user viewing or commenting on our site to have a valid LinkedIn account. This is how we verify that you are who you say you are.
- Minimum of 30 Connections Required: We also require each user has a minimum of 30 connections on LinkedIn before they can have an active BULLIT account. This is how we verify that a LinkedIn account is active and linked to a real person (vs. a dummy account.)
- Review Filters: BULLIT uses technology that is intended to filter reviews for vulgarity and offensive language. Any attempt to submit a review containing language flagged by our filters will bounce back and notify the author that this type of content is not acceptable on the BULLIT system.
- We’re All in This Together : You have the right to decide what content appears on your profile. We also believe that your network should feel empowered to speak up on your behalf, whether it’s in the form of a glowing review or in response to some constructive feedback. Your network knows you best, and we want to add transparency in how they advocate for your true, professional self.
Tell Us What You Think: We rely on and value your feedback. Tell us what you think of our anti-abuse tools so we can improve our system! Contact us at email@example.com to share your ideas.